Sunday, November 9, 2008

Questioning and Hopeful

I wish I could put my thoughts in to words, but I seem to be at a loss today. All I have are questions right now and a hope that the answers will soon follow:

 

Why does the past have such a grip on the here and now?

Why is it so hard to trust?

It's not....if we put our trust in Him and Him alone.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

What now?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him. Psalm 37:7

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Is it ever too much?

Search me, Oh God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Psalm 139:22-24

Are people really that different?

Above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.                Proverbs 4:23

Is it possible to not have expectations?

Why do I have to be reminded?

Because we all at some time in our human lives have to be reminded that we are loved. We don't deserve it and for that reason alone that is why we would question it. If only we would focus our lives completely on Him we would never doubt His love for us and His desire to be with us forever!

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:11-12

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8

How do you truly forget?



 

 

No comments: