Wednesday, August 20, 2008

4-Wheelers

I love to ride 4-wheelers and they bring back so many memories! I remember riding with my parents and my brother all the time when I was younger. One time we went to Red River, New Mexico and my brother, two of our friends and I went out riding on the trails up and down the mountains/hills. But at one point on the ride we decided to turn around, however the trail was only as wide as our 4-wheelers, so we had to go a little off the path. Because I was the last 4-wheeler I had to turn around first and as I began to turn off the path toward the edge I realized there wasn’t enough room to turn around. Fear overtook me as I looked down and saw the ground that was so far away. Before I realized it there was a guy on my 4-wheeler turning me back toward the road. I think of this trip often and unlike your typical “stay the path” story my thoughts go to this:

Sometimes in life things go great and we are happier than ever. But it’s in the times that things get tough, fear over takes us and we feel completely alone that we have to find His strength to carry us through and remind us that someone loves us and we are precious to Him.

How truly grateful I am for his strength because I know without Him there have been many times that I would have just thrown my hands up and given up.

“Look to the Lord and His strength, seek His face always.” 1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments: